Hit Continue....instead of quit

Some days I eye the quit button and just want to hit it and say...."I quit"!!! Not my job, but life....everything. Instead I hit continue. Keep going.....keep on keeping on. I travel Monday through Friday for my job. This means that I am in my car......a LOT! So I have taken up audio books. Before that I had every sports radio stationed programed in my car. Now, I am listening to books that I have not had time to read. I am loving it. Curently I am listening to Eat, Pray, Love. If you have read the book and not heard the audio version, I highly recommend that you listen to it. The author herself is the narrator and the words flow so effortlessly out of her mouth. The various languages that she uses have the most beautiful sound.
That being said. I am incredibly sad as I listen to this book. I am not sure why. There is a part of me that wonders if I am simply envious that she was able to live abroad for a year, doing nearly exactly what my soul would love to do. Or is it possible that I resonate with everything she is communicating in this book. I have not determined what is causing the saddness, moreover I am continuing to listen to this book even though I feel my heart growing heavier with every word. I beleive there is a spiritual crisis occuring. I must allow the work that my heart and soul require to be accomplished, although hitting the quit button seems a much easier route.

Comments

Popular Posts