Bead Soup Blog Party Reveal Day

Welcome to the 8th Bead Soup Blog Party Reveal Post! I had Chandra as my partner. You can click on the link to see her blog and her reveal. Now, to remind you of what she sent to me......

Chandra certainly was generous in the amount that she sent for me to work with! Basically 3 color pallettes. It was so sweet on she had them wrapped in the dragonfly tissue paper. I fully enjoyed that and the music paper that was the envelope! Now.....what to do.......


First I tackled the Wire Wrapped Cabachon....


I had some natural fresh water pearls that were large and not completly round. I loved them, but just had not found a way to use them. I also wanted a necklace that sat a bit higher when I wore it. So I decided that Memory wire was my ticket. I added some glass pearls in the back and silver from my stash to acent it with a silver flower charm hanging from the focal piece. I like it :)
 Now for some of the other beads in that color scheme......
I had the memory wire out and I just kept going with it.....Pink and purple together is a favorite of mine....adding some of my silver stash to some silver colored beads that chandra sent I created this lovely bracelet! At the ends I added a charm to dangle. I love the purple and pink together in this piece!
Now...on to the Green!


Green hands down is my favorite color. The 4 tile beads that Chandra sent are just lovely. As you can see...I just kept grabbing the memory wire. I actually never use it and I have a lot of it! So it was fun to see what I could create with it. I added some rondelle beads from my stash to complete this bracelet. Again at the ends I used some silver colored charms that Chandra sent me (we both sent each other dragon fly charms!) The one dragon fly here I think was the clasp however it didn't have the other piece to use it as a clasp...so this is how I used the clasp....as a charm! :)

More...YES...there is more! Another bracelet.......

Chandra sent a very pretty Lampwork bead so I added some silver from my stash and grabbed that memory wire again! Added some of the pearl like beads Chandra sent I created this very sweet blue bracelet. Ok....ONE more to share!

Yes, just a little more memory wire for the bracelet! However the necklace I strung with some glass pearls that I had and then the lovely stone like beads that Chandra sent and the very pretty focal that she so lovingly wire wrapped for me! Coral IS the color this season and this is a very pretty group! I also wanted some matching earrings!
 There you have it! There were some additional pieces, so there is actually more that I can create! I am playing around to see if I want to take anything apart and try something else.....It is challenging to get pieces that you are not familiar working with and creating something with them. It also is LOADS of fun! Thank you Chandra for sharing with me! Also a shout out to Lori Anderson who is the host of this wonderful party!

Please be sure and check out the MANY other participants and see what they did with their items! The full list is HERE

Comments

  1. Great work. I am inspired to dig out my memory wire stash and see what happens. Lovely pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely pieces! I too love those green tile beads! The first piece really caught my attention, I especially love the long silver beads in that one. paired with the pearls, end caps and gorgeous focal... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUL!! I love them all, but the green one....it has dragonflies!!! They are GREAT!! ~KM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work! I love the purple....that is my fav color.....your really did your soup good! Thanks for joining and posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all great. But I especially like the first necklace with the white pearls and the memory wire. The side beads really echo the wire of the wrapped focal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many beautiful things! The green bracelet is definitely my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wire wrapped focals and blue memory wire bracelet. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great away of pieces you made with your soup. The pearls work really well with the focal you were sent and i love your purple & pink bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. bracelets on memory wire are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Catie these are all so beautiful! I love what you did with the pendants and how you kept them all in their color combos. Sorry about the clasp not being all there, I must have lost it in the mix. I love the purple bracelet and how you made so many coral pieces. I've been slacking- I have to find the box with my jewelry making things...

    ReplyDelete
  11. The white of the pearls and the silver wrap look fantastic with the dark focal. Gorgeous!! I love the other design too. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pieces did the soup justice. Such a delicious combo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the way you wire wrapped the coral focal. Very beauriful soup!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the first necklace. The pearls give it a simple elegance. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in love with the first necklace, it is absolutely stunning how you mixed up2different kinds of pearls, and those wirework is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am amazed at all the beautiful designs you made using memory wire, Catie! I have never used it but I think I need to change that :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do like that pink and purple together. It has a romantic flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  18. great job on your pieces! my fav is the purple memory wire bracelet. it's so cute and girly! you did a wonderful job putting it together and adding bits and bobs.

    Linda A.
    http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com
    http://cherryOnTopDesign.co

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't worked with memory wire but seeing your beautiful creations, you have inspired me! Love what you did with the focal necklace and the bracelets are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The green bracelet and then the blue bracelet are stunning, I absolutely love them, all the pieces you made are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My goodness! Thank you all for your beautiful words! I appreciate that you took the time to comment! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well done! My favorite of your pieces is the blue bracelet, I love the colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have a way with memory wire! Everything I've ever made with the stuff ends up looking poor or juvenile, but your bracelets and necklaces are really beautiful. I especially like the pearl and black cab necklace. The contrast in the black and white is really eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovin the green bracelet! Great soup!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the green and blue bracelets! Love how you used your soup and your wire wrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your greens!!! Great work, I would wear them with pleasure (-: I love the wire wrapped focal too, it makes a very sweet♥ necklace with the beautiful freshwater pearls. I started following you, and think you might like that (-:

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous pieces! I love those vibrant colors! I especially love the necklace with the wrapped coral focal and glass pearls. I also love the accents of the red and black beads. Excellent soup!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous work! Really Soup-perb! Yep I'm still hopping! Don't want to miss a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The first pearl necklace and the green bracelet are my favorites! Memory wire is fun to work with but it's difficult to plan the arrangement of beads before the piece is almost half ready so you did very well here. You've made beautiful color combos and the silver findings go very well with your palette!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pretty pretty pretty! I'm so sorry I missed this the first time around ... bad hostess, bad.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts